Wednesday, October 29, 2008

1994 was a good year

I apologize for the long hiatus. The CMJ (College Music Journal)Music Festival rolled through New York and my culture-feening sensibilities got the best of me. I tried to go to as many shows as possibly, leaving my baby of a blog crying for it's mother! Well, I'm back and determined to give you some goodies more often than not. (How's that for a promise? ha)

Now for this entry I want to bring to your attention a long-forgotten video from what I consider to be the golden age of hip-hop/R&B. The Early 90's. The good Stuff.
This was directed by Michel Gondy, the same guy who directed everything from Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind to Dave Chapelle's Block Party to some of Gap's holiday-themed advertisements. It's pretty safe to say Michel can conquer nearly any aspect of the videography spectrum.

Check out this video: Lucas- Lucas with the Lid Off. 1994.

No comments:

Followers